Nowadays, there are plenty of different products you can use on your beard. I mean really, there’s everything.
You definitely don’t need all of the stuff that’s marketed out there, but it’s always good to own a nice pair of beard clippers, comb/brush, some beard oil or beard styling wax, and perhaps some beard shampoo.
If you’re looking to get them all once, or perhaps give them as a gift to your special bearded dude, then look no further than ready-made beard care sets.
No time for full review? Here’s a quick beard kit comparison table. ↓
The Best Beard Care Kits; a Review
Below, we will look at eight facial hair care sets that are easily some of the best the beard market has to offer. So let’s get at it. ↓
1. Maison Lambert’s Ultimate Beard Care Kit
This is it ladies and gentlemen (well probably just gentlemen). The best facial hair care kit a man can ever lay his hands on. I originally found it when I reviewed beard kits for our beard gift idea list.
I mean just let your eyes rest at the magnificence of this beard set up.
You get the amazing looking leather PU bag, the quality beard oil that has organic ingredients, beard shampoo, a complimentary soap, a nice organic beard balm, and a neat sandalwood comb with multiple teeth widths and its own leather pouch.
Screw Gilette, the Maison Lambert Ultimate is REALLY the best a man can get.
The package includes:
- Your choice of either wooden cigar box or a leather bag.
- Beard shampoo (organic aloe vera, argan & jojoba oils)
- Beard balm (argan, jojoba & coconut oils + beeswax)
- Beard oil (argan oil, castor oil & jojoba oil + vit. C & E).
- Beer-infused body soap as a complimentary gift.
- A sandalwood beard comb with its own pouch made of leather.
2. Cain Cavalli Eight-in-One Beard Grooming Package
The Cain Cavalli one is a good runner-up. It’s considerably cheaper, and although I must say the design just isn’t as neat as what Maison Lambert offers, Cavalli still comes up with a really good, versatile group of beard grooming essentials.
One thing I really like about their product is that they choose the right kind of oils to use in their balm and beard oil.
You know, none of the easily rancidifying vegetable oils you have commonly seen in beard products (those oils that can actually hurt the beard growth hormones T & DHT).
They use high-quality ingredients like beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, argan oil, jojoba, and vitamin E (which preserves fatty acid from the effects of heat and oxygen).
Here are all the 8 items the kit contains:
- A hard case bag for easy storing and travel.
- Beard shaping tool/comb for trimming.
- High-quality stainless steel beard & mustache scissors.
- A Beard comb with two different teeth widths.
- A beard brush with 100% boar bristles (the good stuff).
- A beard bib (similar to the one seen in Shark Tank).
- Organic beard oil with no nasty polyunsaturated fats
- Organic beard balm with also no harmful PUFAs or chemicals.
3. Percy Nobleman Beard Grooming Box
Chances are that you’re not going to buy this beard grooming box.
Although it’s extremely good quality and nice craftsmanship on the actual box, the price is a little bit E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E.
However, if money is not an issue to you, and you deeply value your beard, then maybe, just maybe, you’d enjoy the Percy Nobleman Grooming Box.
Aside from hand-crafted box, what’s in it?
- Beard conditioning oil (no nasty ingredients).
- Beard wash (again, pretty good ingredients there).
- Percy Nobleman signature mustache wax.
- Percy nobleman signature beard balm.
- Gentleman’s styling wax for hair & beard.
- To be honest a pretty basic and plain looking beard comb.
- High-quality stainless steel beard and mustache scissors.
Personally, I don’t think the cost of the product is justified, although the quality is great and the box itself looks freaking fantastic, but to each in their own I guess.
4. Big Forest Beard Treatment Package & Gift Box
If you’re looking for a visually appealing product that would go perfectly as a gift, look no further.
Big Forest has come up with a high-quality organic beard growth & care box that comes in a pretty neat looking gift-ready package.
Or maybe you’re getting a beard care arsenal for yourself? Not a bad option in that case either, as all the products are just as nice on the inside, as they look on the outside.
Everything is organic and 100% free from beard-harming and oil-stripping chemicals like parabens, sulfates, phthalates, & Co. + The oil and balm use antioxidant-rich fats which will not suppress the effects of the beard growth hormones testosterone and DHT.
This is what you’ll get within the gift-box:
5. Scotch Porter Premium Wash Lineup
If it’s important to you (like it should) that you are washing your facial hair with products that contain no harmful sulfates and estrogenic chemicals like parabens and phthalates, then you already know how ridiculously hard it is to find suitable beard washes and softening conditioners for facial hair.
You should also be as pleasantly surprised as I was, to see the line of Scotch Porters beard wash kit.
Their lineup is gentle and hydrating and should work well for men with sensitive skin.
The bundle includes:
- Gentle & hydrating beard shampoo.
- Nourishing beard conditioner.
- Moisturizing beard balm.
- And an oil like beard serum, which I’m on the fence about.
After carefully examining their ingredients, the only minor negative point I have to bring up is the fact that they use canola oil in the “beard serum”, which isn’t the most optimal stuff to put on your face. Regardless, there’s no other washing products that come even close to their quality in other aspects.
6. WoxWax Beard Grooming and Trimming Pack
WoxWax Groom & Trim kit is one of the most popular beard grooming items on Amazon.
For a good reason though, their product is simple, cheap, and still relatively high-quality.
And it has all the essentials that a good beard trimming kit should include.
Here’s what you find inside:
- Exquisite looking stainless steel beard and mustache scissors.
- Dual-action beard comb with wider and narrower teeth.
- Quality 100% boar bristle beard brush.
- Nice 5-inch box to hold it all.
- Slightly larger pouch to put the items when traveling.
7. BFWood Beard Grooming Station
This is another pretty good facial hair grooming kit.
It has a sturdy little bamboo holder that can fit a comb/shaper, a brush, two beard oil bottles, a wax/balm, and scissors.
There’s not much one can say about the product, other than that its good for the price.
If you’re a man who likes minimalism and doesn’t want a bulky grooming station, you might want to look into getting one.
8. Suvorna Beard & Mustache Scissor Set
Suvorna is popular scissor brand.
Their quality scissors are made from durable Japanese high-carbon stainless steel and sharpened to cut your whiskers effortlessly.
With their neat little travel scissor kit, you can always keep your beard and mustache in mint condition, and quickly clip off any wandering hairs that point towards the ceiling.
The kit includes:
- 5.5″ Premium Beard and Mustache Scissors
- Ears & Nose Scissors.
- Eyebrow & General Purpose Scissors.
- Slanted Tip Tweezers.
Conclusion on Beard Care and Growth Kits
Growing and maintaining beard and mustache is a form of art, and every artist needs proper tools.
We believe that some of these eight amazing facial hair care, grooming & trimming kits are those exact tools.